Today was the final day of filming for our sequence in Man on a Ledge, and what a great experience this has been! Not only did I get to meet Sam Worthington and Ed Harris, but I got to actually be featured today. The assistant director pulled me out of a crowd, alone, and placed me directly in front of the camera. And also by Kyra Sedgewick. It was not a speaking part of course (apparently "y'all" and "fixin to" is frowned upon by Hollywood, unless of course you are in a remake of Steel Magnolias), but a featured role nonetheless. I am basically a girl getting a hot dog, listening to her reporting her news story. I get to put that on my resume, and hopefully get some additional features in future projects.
The casting company apparently did not hear my name correctly, because my call number was associated with the name "Darah Decker" for the entire duration of filming. I respectfully reminded them each week that it was actually Sarah, but eventually gave up and went with it. A few people said that Darah was more memorable, and that I should consider making it my stage name. At the end of today, I requested a SAG waiver for it being misspelled, but apparently the production assistants didn't think I was serious. I also got two referrals to this agent affectionately known as Desiree ,who actually does her job getting her people bookings. And of course, the friends I made are priceless. Looking forward to the future!
Fun! I love to read to your blog, Darah. =)
ReplyDelete"Darah" could be like "Talley" instead of Salley in Up Close and Personal!
ReplyDeleteDood one, Darah. Di hope d'you dar doin' dood dup dare din d'new d'york. D'love...Dad
ReplyDeleteYay!! How FUN! Hilarious about the name... ;-)
ReplyDelete