Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011-HERE WE GO!

Words can't describe how much I enjoyed being home for Christmas.  It was so good to see everyone both in Georgia and Tennessee, and it was the perfect amount of time.  I was originally only supposed to be there for one week, but it turned into almost two.  THANK YOU SNOW STORM!

You’ve got to love those restaurants that can’t decide on a theme.  I ate at my first Greek Italian restaurant on Christmas Eve in Atlanta.  There were paintings of Santorini spanning the entire wall, right next to a replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa which I think was an ashtray.  Keep it classy, Atlanta.

I thought it would be really tough to come back, and it was to an extent.  Although I was ready to get back into my routine, and also be in single city once again!  Work has gotten off to a great start, with some very productive client meetings that will hopefully result in productive relationships.  My boss went on one with me today.  I love when he does, because he always shows me random New York spots while we're out that I have no clue about.  For instance, apparently my office is right next to the Federal Reserve.  I thought that was so cool.  He is originally from Long Island, but lived in Atlanta for ten years.  We always are discussing restaurants and things to do there , as he lived in the Highlands.  When I told him I was from Stockbridge, he said "Collective Soul!"  Always a good conversation with him!

I found out today that I will be getting a tour of the New York Stock Exchange next Wednesday.  I recently met the vice president of sales for NYSE, and he offered so I accepted.  Maybe I will even get to ring the bell!  In addition to that little activity, I have a play audition next week.  The production is called The Meltdown, and it tours five states I believe.  I will be reading for "actress # 4".  

This Friday I plan to attend a rodeo at Madison Square Garden with a fireman friend of mine.  Never in a million years did I think cowboy boots would come in handy in the big apple, but I get to break mine out.  Fingers crossed that they will have sweet tea and the announcer will use terms like "ya'll", "fixin" and maybe even throw in a little "this barbque is so good it makes you want to slap your mama".  It will be like I never left home.

So there you have it folks!  The first two weeks of my New York City 2011 have gotten off to a great start, and will hopefully be an indication of all of the adventure and excitement that is headed my way this year.  I remain incredibly aware of the blessing it has been to live here, and maintain my gratitude for the opportunity.  It's definitely not a place I plan to settle long term, but will hopefully be a place where I can learn more about myself.  I will end with a thought I heard from one of my friends today, that I instantly fell in love with.  "Follow your heart with no doubt.  If it's right, you'll succeed.  If it's wrong, you'll learn. "

No comments:

Post a Comment