Friday night I had another New York first. Make that two firsts. I didn't expect that my first time to go to Madison Square Garden would be to see my first bull riding competition, but what a combination that was. Honestly, I wasn't too excited about it initially. I'm not really into the whole country western type crowd, but I can honestly say that has all changed. I was strangely attracted to these crazy cowboys, and the whole process intrigued me. My favorite bull name was Wee Willy. Every time I saw the name, I laughed out loud. My date didn't really share my appreciation. It was also nice to see cowboy hats, boots, and chaps everywhere. I am now an official fan of the rodeo, and was thinking that my next project should be Nascar.
Today I met my friend Rich in Chelsea to eat at this fabulous little place called Westville. Seriously, some of the best food I've had here yet, and very reasonably priced. I am a big fan of the sweet potato fry, and have found the mother ship for mastering them. After lupper (we ate at 4:00), we went to Chelsea market, located in the old Nabisco cookie factory. They have converted it into clothing, home furnishing and food shops, and it was really neat. Reminded me a lot of the Factory in Franklin. To end our evening, we did some window shopping at a strip of designer stores and walked along the High Line, an elevated park spanning almost two miles. It was lightly snowing, and was the perfect way to wrap up a Saturday.
I have always had such good luck in New York, and tomorrow will only prove that it continues. A friend who I met through Best Buddies New York is a concert pianist. When I asked her if she knew of any places I could practice around the city, she made some calls, and referred me to an artist friend of hers. He manages a hotel, and offered the penthouse baby grand piano to me anytime the suite is not being used. And the best part is, it's less than thirty paces from my apartment, at the Roger Smith hotel on 48th and Lexington! I get to use it for the first time tomorrow. So excited about that!
Shut up! I love it! How cool is that? I had no idea you played. How fun!! Yay-SO happy for you. Miss you already! Well, missed you by the time I left Cracker Barrel, but you know what i mean. Love you heaps!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Mel
I didn't know you played the piano either! Very cool. And we LOVE sweet potato fries, too. Glad that you've found a place to feed your addiction. =) I would love to visit Chelsea Market sometime!
ReplyDeleteI'm just getting all caught up on my blogs. I've been considering taking up Nascar too. Or at least getting tickets to Bristol since they actually have some available still. Wanna come down and watch with me? ;-) Love you! Miss you! ~Erin
ReplyDelete