I love to watch it snow. There is something so peaceful about it, and it makes you incredibly relaxed. You almost feel like you are floating on a cloud, and words like serene and tranquil are appropriate adjectives for this natural wonder. Peaceful, that is, until you hear that snow plow right outside your window, and twice as many taxis as usual honking incessantly.
I am sitting here by my window, watching the beginnings of my first New York blizzard...a projected 16 inches by morning, I believe. And I still have to go to work. I will spend my day calling on accounting and finance managers who are not in the office, but who are rather at home with their families. But the show must go on!
I'm not sure if I've mentioned much about the setup in my room, but I think I will be just fine spending my winter in here. I got a desk for Christmas, and it's a gorgeous mahogany wood with a white (princess) chair to go with it. I have my favorite lamp on it, along with some of my books, Bible verses, a candle, and my "Dream" plaque that I was given when I moved. It has a quote from Walt Disney, which reads "All dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." I also have a book that my sister got me for Christmas called Drita, My Homegirl, which I cannot wait to dig in to. It's the perfect arrangement for me to write, read and reflect. Although, I will not be reflecting much while reading Drita.
I am excited about my agenda for Saturday. I get to spend the afternoon playing board games with a group of seniors at a retirement home in Brooklyn, through New York Cares. I have been brushing up on my canasta skills, for such an occasion.
Enjoyed the "snapshot" of your desk. Sounds perfect! And all that snow! Bless you! It sure it beautiful, though - at least our measly 3-4 inches were. ;)
ReplyDelete