Just yesterday afternoon, I was walking with a coworker up 6th avenue to a client's office when we passed a few people carrying shopping bags. Naturally, I wasn't paying any attention. This just goes to show that I should always be aware of my surroundings and camera ready in the city, because we had just passed Geoffrey Rush. Fortunately I had just seen the Kings Speech, so I was well aware of who he was. He has also been in Pirates of the Caribbean and a handful of other great movies. No one was bothering him, he was in a shopping zone, and we just went along on our merry way. What a great way to end the work week!
I had a second sighting at the gym this week. Not of a movie or rock star, but a homeless man. Apparently my gym has decided to provide at least one bike every night from 6-9 to this one lone soul. He is there every time I go in, and simply sits on the bike staring at the television with his mouth hanging wide open. He prefers the 6:00 news followed by anything that is playing on the sports network. He keeps his luggage next to him, and wears the same flannel shirt every night. While incredibly unusual, I find it sweet and accommodating that he is there. And he never gives me dirty looks for panting and border line passing out on the treadmill next to him.
Last weekend I had the privilege of seeing a new part of the city that isn't frequented by tourists. The Cloisters is a conglomeration of several European abbeys pieced together, and is used as a Medieval art museum. It is located in Fort Tryon Park along the Hudson River, which is all the way uptown in the 200s. It's a very peaceful place with some spectacular views. I even saw some flowers blooming!
Today was a great day. I had my first solo performance for a project that I auditioned for a few weeks ago called The Meltdown. The actual play only cast six women I believe, but I was asked to perform a monologue (which I got to write) that will be played at the beginning of each show (which will tour six cities). They shot my segment in a studio near Madison Square Garden, and I got great reactions from the director and producer. I won them over with a Charlie Sheen reference that I felt was appropriate. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!
No comments:
Post a Comment