As much as I wish I could be with family this Easter, this weekend has been filled with exciting NEW New York adventures with NEW friends. I have a friend at work who is about to get married, and this weekend was her bachelorette celebration. She chose the North Fork of Long Island as the destination (very close to the Hamptons), and reserved the penthouse of a hotel right on the water. A NEW place for me to visit in New York!
There are several ways you can get to this area, but I chose to ride the Hampton Jitney. The Jitney is a bus service that has a pick up point three blocks from where I live, and is about the same price as a train ticket. They also have wifi, serve you drinks and snacks, and get you to your destination in the same amount of time. The only complaint I had was that you couldn't talk on your cell phone. I literally had the bus attendant telling me to turn it off while I was getting instructions on where to go from the bride-to-be. Overall, it was a very cool NEW New York experience.
I arrived when the ladies were finishing up dinner at this adorable little restaurant in an old Victorian home. We just spent the evening playing games at the hotel, and laughing A LOT. The next day we toured three different vineyards along the North Fork. Long Island is known for their vineyards, and there are over forty different ones to choose from. We went to Duck Walk, Sparkling Point and Sherwood and they all had very different atmospheres. Another one of my NEW favorite places in New York-the North Fork!
In other news, I recently went to a play called That Championship Season starring Kiefer Sutherland, Chris Noth, Brian Cox, Jason Patric (my favorite) and Jim Gaffigan. The play wouldn't have been nearly as good without such a cast, but they made it worth every penny. Also, I had another audition with an agent whose office overlooks the southern end of Times Square. She is submitting me for some print and commercial work, which is where you can really make good money. When she asked me what types of roles I thought that she thought I was perfect for, I answered the "all American girl" type. Apparently I was wrong, because she said "No, No, No...you are the Corporate Woman." I guess this is what I get for wearing my work suit and bringing a briefcase.
I finally have access to my car up here (thanks to Gina and her wonderful grandmother, for letting me park it at her Connecticut home). Driving there from Nashville with mom was quite the experience. Most of the ride was a breeze, until we got to New Jersey. I had no idea that I-95 would take us through the city into Connecticut, as we were using a GPS and not a map. I guess I should've looked ahead, because before I knew it, I was driving through the Bronx with Debbie Decker. One can only imagine what that was like. Next weekend, a friend of mine from Atlanta and I plan to road trip and I am SO excited about it. We are thinking about Hershey, PA or Philadelphia. I'll keep you posted.
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Random Fact: the other day me and Elizabeth Waggoner got to talking about you and how you were in David Henry's wedding last weekend. I grew up with David Henry and I know he married a Sharp sister. Anyway, it's always a small world! Glad you are getting to experience all of this fun New York stuff!
ReplyDelete