Sunday, January 8, 2012

January is the new December

When you have more room to work out in your living room (which is about the size of a walk-in closet) than the gym, you know it must be January.  I really can't wait for all of these new year resolutions to wear off, and for my elliptical to be free once again.  It is somewhat of a challenge to stay motivated to improve your work out routine when there is a line wrapped around the building to get into a spin class.  But alas, I shall press on!  There is weight to be lost, health to be maintained, and sweat that must pour from my brow!

As an added bonus, I noticed today that there is a Miss Fields opening right under my apartment.  Some of you may know that a cookie cake is among my top ten favorite foods.  If I were stranded on a desert island, and I had to choose between an endless supply of meats/vegetables/fruits or cookie cake, cookie cake would win every time.  Hands down, it would be no question.  I will pass it everyday on my way home from the gym.  Such a cruel, cruel world we live in.

Some say that Christmas is the most wonderful time of year, but I would beg to differ.  Semi-annual sale time of year is like crack to me.  This is one great thing that does come in January, specifically the Victoria Secret Semi-Annual sale.  I went today, and it reminded me of Black Friday at Wal-Mart when something electronic is on sale for like $1.  I spent more than intended, but can you blame me?  Their products are necessary...just like a good pair of tennis shoes.  I must invest wisely.  My favorite department store here is called Zara.  I had never heard of it before living in New York, but they also know how to put on a good sale and are conveniently located right next to Victoria Secret.  Such a blessing!

In other news, I have already started my collection of concert tickets for the year.  Dad is coming up in March to see the Allman Brothers with me at the Beacon, and I will be going to see Coldplay around my birthday.  Trips for the year should include Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island, Niagara Falls, Montreal and somewhere in the Caribbean (I turn 30 this year, so the gloves are off with this trip).

No comments:

Post a Comment