When you’re 28 and single, you being to think that everyone else around you has it made. They’re buying houses, getting MBA’s, and marriage is old news….they’re already starting a family by this point. You begin to look at your life and wonder what you have to show for it. But a wise woman once told me that you can't compare yourself to other people. Your story is your own. The truth is, the grass can be greener quite often. Unless of course, you realize how many blessings you truly do have in your current situation. I like to think of myself as one of the luckiest people I know. I always have a story to tell. Whether it’s stumbling upon an undercover NYPD cop who gives you seven free Louis Vitton knock off bags from the store owner he just busted, or meeting that celebrity you’ve been fixated on forever while en route to the port-a-john, I would say that my life has been full of lucky moments. Mostly while traveling. You just never know what possibilities are there unless you seize the opportunity to search them out. But the three things that make me one of the luckiest ladies in the world are my friends who aren't afraid to tell me the truth about things I need to change, a family who loves me for better or for worse, and a Lord that overwhelms my heart with a joy that no human could ever match. It just doesn't get any better than that.
Amen. =)
ReplyDeleteSeven free handbags? Sweet! I love you girl!!
ReplyDelete