Don't you love those days when you have absolutely nothing to do, and when you wake up you just decide to go to the beach??? I love that you can do that here. The street was extra noisy this morning, and it actually woke me up for the first time in over a month. I was in need of some quiet time, so I packed my bag and headed to Long Beach. It took around 2 hours to get there, but it was all subway and bus, covered by my metro card.
The day was quite overcast and a tad chilly, but it was just the therapy I needed. Walking on the beach always makes me feel like I can conquer anything. I think I feel the closest to God there. For some reason, I have been a little emotional lately. That is probably not a shock to some of you, but I really haven't been since I got here. I would imagine that watching Pride & Prejudice triggered it all. I am completely happy with my life, and realize the blessings that I have in it. But sometimes I would just like to know that somewhere, out there, is my Mr. Darcy.
After a very long period of prayer, I decided to walk through the little beach town. I had a late lunch at this place called Paninis and Bikinis. The food was amazing, and they gave me some free fresh baked cookies to top it all off. I can definitely see myself going back there on a regular basis in the summer. The beach is actually really nice, and has a boardwalk that goes for miles. It's no Destin, but is certainly more upscale than most places I have been on the Atlantic.
YAY for FREE therapy! SO so glad you got the time you needed with the Lord. Love you bud!!
ReplyDeleteYou'll find your Mr. Darcy! He's out there. And though he may not know to say "he's waiting for his Elizabeth Bennett," well, he IS. =)
ReplyDelete