Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Entertainment Value of a Treadmill

Today's entertainment was intended to be limited to the matinee I saw at 11:00 this morning.  However, I received a special treat afterwards at the gym, while watching a 60 year old woman on a treadmill.  I am not entirely sure of her playlist selection, but it's title was probably something along the lines of "Studio 54 Remix", or possibly even something more recent, like "Beyonce's Top 20".  Regardless, she was waving her hands in the air like she didn't care, and shaking her money maker all over that machine.  It was priceless.  I did love how much fun she was having.  She must be a regular, because no one else seemed phased by it.  I definitely think she missed her calling to be on Broadway.

I also was able to go to an orientation for New York Cares, which is a volunteer organization that serves as a liason between volunteers and non profits.  I am signed up to play games at a senior center in Brooklyn next weekend, and also to pass out candy to kids on Halloween at the Natural History Museum.  I am excited about both events! 

1 comment:

  1. Shut up! That's bloomin hilarious... LOVE it... I want to be like that when I'm older. Oh the heck with it- why wait! Just kidding- maybe one day..lol... ;-)

    ReplyDelete