Praise the Lord, I don't have to buy another black suit! I love the feeling of putting something on that you haven't been able to wear in a while, and having it fit perfectly. All this walking is paying off after all. Too bad I had that Five Guys for dinner tonight though. Back to square one.
Week one of work is complete. It was all training, and incredibly overwhelming. I am thankful for all that I learned in my previous job, because I will definitely be using some of those techniques frequently at this one. There are six people in my immediate department, and over fifty in my office. They are all around my age, and a ton of fun! Yesterday, we had a sales meeting in our satellite office which is located on the 36th floor at Penn Plaza. The view from the conference room was unbelievable. I could see all of downtown, even to the Statue of Liberty. We all took pictures, which I will add to facebook.
I also got some great news yesterday! I will be working on set of a major motion picture called Man on a Ledge, and we are filming for the next three weekends. I don't know many of the details, except that my scenes will be outside, the money is good, and I get to work with one of my friends from the 30 Rock set. I've been submitting to jobs on weekends only, so it looks like I'll be able to pursue this and work at the same time. SO thankful for that!
How cool is that?! Yay! Only there a short time and look what all has happened?! So proud of you!!
ReplyDelete