Ladies and gentlemen, I am finally catching up on my entries! Now that I have some sort of routine in my schedule, I hope to be better about keeping it current. Thanks to all of you who read it and for letting me know that you do!
The past three weeks have been filled with visits from some amazing friends, and also some adventures of my own. I was able to take a little road trip with Meredith, to Boston, Plymouth, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Newport, Rhode Island. Our weather wasn't incredibly accommodating, but we made it work and were thankful for the one sunny day we had in Boston. We were able to see some impressive architecture, such as the Breakers in Newport and gingerbread houses in MV. We heard some fabulous music and met some amusing people. Favorite spots were Harvard, Plymouth Plantation, the cranberry farm in Sandwich, MA (where we actually got to help with the harvest-side note, everyone should buy OceanSpray products from now on!), and all of Newport!
Lashonda, Jorie, Michelle and Laura also came up after I got back, and we TORE this city up! If you want to see NYC, and you are on a limited timetable and strict budget, I now know how to make it all happen in just 48 short hours and on conservative funds. But be warned, you will be tired and your feet may be angry with you for weeks after.
Unfortunately, my two month vacation is about to come to an end next Monday, because I GOT A JOB!!!!! I am super excited about this new chapter in my life, and am so thankful I found something I think I will love, and even more grateful it's not in banking. So for my last week as a free woman, I intend to milk my touristy time for all it's worth by seeing some shows, spending a day in the park, touring the U.N., and of course sleeping in!
In preparation for my new job, I actually got to temp some last week. It was quite an adjustment to get back into work mode, but I had an absolute blast. I got to work at a public relations firm in SOHO, that specializes in beauty and fashion. I made gift bags all week for every major magazine editor in town, including Joe Zee from Elle (for those of you who watch the City), and also Whitney Eve!!!!! I definitely put a lot of attention into the detail of those bags for sure. They set up my workstation in the back room, which contained racks upon racks of designer clothing and every beauty product you could imagine. No one really talks to each other there, and they definitely don't take lunch breaks. Serious business. It was my own personal version of the Devil Wears Prada, and I was by far the largest woman in the office (aside from the pregnant receptionist). I thoroughly enjoyed every moment!
I have been immensely blessed during this whole experience, and have made some memories I will keep with me forever. I have started to make friendships here that already mean so much to me. At the same time, I am reminded of all the people I love back home in Tennessee and Georgia. I miss you guys so much, and look forward to coming home at Christmas!
P.S. The 30 Rock episode I filmed a month ago will air this coming Thursday on NBC!!!!!
Keep the updates coming- loving hearing about your adventures!!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you bud!!
Hugs,
Mel