There is nothing like a good outlet mall to whip you into a cheerful mood after a long week at work and a major weather change. I had heard of this place called Woodbury Commons, so this weekend I decided to check it out for myself. About an hour's drive north of the city, this place is nestled among some beautiful rolling hills (I almost want to call them mountains) which happened to be at their peak in leaf changing season.
This outlet is unique because it features just about all of the major designer labels. Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Valentino, Prada and Coach are just a few of the stores I went into where I knew I couldn't afford anything just by looking in the window. Even at outlet prices, the cheapest thing I saw was around $1000. The trip wasn't entirely wasted though, because they at least had an Ann Taylor and a J Crew where I had some pretty serious success.
Since I walk all the time now and need comfortable shoes, and since I now have a bunion on my right foot at the ripe old age of 29, Naturalizer has now become my shoe store of choice. It used to be Nine West, by the way. As I was searching around for just the right pair of brown flats, size 9, wide width (thanks to the bunion) I stumbled across some that were in my price range. After putting them both on, a woman about the age of 75 walked by and said "Those are beautiful, dear." Now, I was grateful for the compliment. But because I seemed to be the only person in the store who wasn't retired and she was wearing some sort of Dr. Scholls loafer herself, I pulled those suckers off as fast as I could and ran out.
Today I got to see the musical "Memphis", which won the Tony last year for best show. I definitely recommend it for anyone making a trip to the city soon. The student rush tickets are $27.50 and we were able to sit in the box. I loved everything about it, from the story to the costumes, and of course the music. Put it on your list!
No comments:
Post a Comment