Monday, November 14, 2011

Samuel L Jackson loves Pottery Barn

When you sit at your desk in your home on a Monday night, excited for the peace and quiet, and you hear a jackhammer outside your window for hours on end instead, it is very difficult to find positive things to say about city life.  Thank goodness for the little jewels scattered throughout my weekend to outshine the obnoxious sidewalk improvements in front of the Bank of America downstairs.

Friday night I was invited over to a friend's house to watch all three of the movies in the Twilight series, as a precursor to the Breaking Dawn premiere this weekend.  On the 4/5 uptown, I got the privilege of hearing one of my favorite subway performers sing between 59th and 86th streets.  He always does "Under the Boardwalk", but that night he pulled "Devil Went Down to Georgia" out of his bag of tricks.  I never donate to these people, but I pulled out a few bucks after this guy made a very entertaining observation.  He said "I LOOOVVVEEEE New York City.  Where the women are pretty, and they all have jobs."  Well said, my friend.  Well said.

Saturday was fairly uneventful, but nice to be able to stay home for the majority of the day.  Sunday after church, Brian and I made the trek down to the Brooklyn Target (there is only one in the city, and Spanish Harlem is not a place I care to venture much).  We got to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, which I was very excited about since there are none in Manhattan.  The Target trip was relatively brief, and successful.  After dropping off about a 100 lb box of a bookshelf (Brain carried it. I, of course, did nothing but watch), we headed to Lincoln Center for Pottery Barn and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  As we were leaving Pottery Barn, the streets packed, I sort of ran into a very tall African American gentleman.  As I turned to my right to apologize for hitting him with my huge bag of pillows (I had like 5), he smiled at me and I just kept walking.  Until I realized that it was Samuel L Jackson.  At that point, all I could do was turn around (very obviously, I might add) and smile.  And I did that a few times.  Very cool moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment