Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Work and Work Out

I am exhausted!  Back to work after being off for two months takes a toll.  I'm all set up in my "office", which overlooks ground zero.  We are on the 21st floor, and I find myself staring out the window every five minutes.  I got my building badge and security pass today, so I am official!

No one takes a consistent lunch break here, and that has been a difficult adjustment to make.  Today I decided to go out and get a McDonalds sweet tea, which is only $1 and is definitely the best money I've spent in a long time.  Tomorrow I'll go with the other people on my team, who all seam to be really cool.  We are all around the same age, and from different places.

After I got off, I decided to check out the location for my gym on Wall Street.  It is three floors, and the interior walls are old oak boards and are gorgeous.  I spent the majority of my time on the 2nd floor, and as I was biking, noticed the New York Stock Exchange right outside of the window.  I had a very cool "New York" moment.

Although I am now working full time, I still submit myself for roles and extra work for nights and weekends.  Those are definitely few and far between, but I am not giving up on it.  I'll start to accrue vacation next month, so plan to take some days off if I am able to land some solid parts on weekdays.  But the bills must be paid for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you bud and excited about your new job!! Keep the blog posts coming!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete