Friday, September 17, 2010

Rats and Dead Cats

No one told me that they had tornadoes here!  Actually, I was taking a nap when the inclement weather was occurring in Brooklyn and Queens.  Slept right through it.  Best nap of my life.


This morning I had an appointment with another staffing agency.  While I was waiting in the lobby for my recruiter to call me back, I eavesdropped on a conversation between another recruiter and his recruit.  Actually, they were talking very loudly, so I pretty much just sat there and took it all in. Apparently, this man had broken some dishes and taken some food at a job they had assigned him to, and was being reprimanded for it.  I felt really sorry for him, because he seemed so nice.  Goodness knows I've done both of those things while catering.  


The ensuing topic was cat related.  Apparently, this recruiter has a dear friend who had a cat of 25 years that recently passed away.  When he went to console her, there he found her dead cat, on a pillow, in the middle of the living room.  Now, normally this would be a bit shocking.  But I have known some people to host feline funerals in the past, so I was unaffected.  The woman next to me, however, thought it was hilarious, because she proceeded to laugh out loud.  AWKWARD!


Next, I headed to an audition for a new Denzel Washington movie.  I thought I did very well, and apparently so did the agent, because he asked me to send him additional head shots.  The only criticism he had was my accent.  At his suggestion, I will be signing up for voice and diction lessons.


On my way home, I saw my first rat in the subway.  No, make that two rats.  They were definitely over a foot long each, and carrying their daily meals away before the next train arrived.  I wanted to vomit.

About to head to a private concert on the upper west side, at the home of a reputable pianist.  Excited!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah! I'm so loving your blog! And the fact that you picked up and moved to NYC! How awesome is that??? Good for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out of here...better yet I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete