September 5, 2010
If you would have asked me one year ago if I would be moving to Manhattan, I would have laughed in your face. I was going to CALIFORNIA baby!!! Actually I was about to take my inaugural trip to scout things out, do some interviewing, meet some BLB’s (barely legal boys), and enjoy myself immensely. The move was planned for January, and it couldn’t get here fast enough. But that did not turn out to be my story…
I don’t know if it was just coincidence, or God’s providence, that a certain ex came back into my life around the exact time I was receiving a job offer in Santa Monica. I had been preparing my mind for this move for months, and then he shows up. It was probably the only thing that could’ve kept me from going, and it definitely did. When that relationship did not work out, I told myself that I was not going to ignore or reason my way out of my next opportunity. And here I am…
My dream has been to move somewhere BIG. Somewhere that takes guts and grit. London, Denver, Charleston, and Los Angeles have all been on my list, but apparently God decided I should go all out with this one. I want to audition for a play. I want to be able to travel to major northeastern U.S. cities. I want to have access to all of the culture and exposure that is available in the Big Apple.
I have no idea what this experience will bring, but I am convinced that it cannot be bad. Even if I get mugged, lose all of my money, get hit by a taxi, or get my heart broken by Broadway’s next big thing, at least I will have pursued a dream, and that alone makes me a success. I know many people who never get the chance to do something like this, and I know how blessed I am to be able to.
So look out NYC! I know who I am. I am happy with who that is. I hope you’ll like it too. But if you don’t, I’ll still be me. And THAT is the most rewarding realization a girl can come to.
SBD
You'll make it baby!!!!!!
ReplyDelete