It is so hard to believe it has only been one week. I feel like I've been running a marathon, constantly on the go. But that really isn't much different from how my life has been everywhere else I have lived.
Overall, this week has been unbelievably amazing beyond my wildest dreams! I do, however, have one complaint. Horns. I really don't understand why every cab driver feels the need to honk theirs every five minutes. And then there's the "honk off". This is when two cars honk at each other at an intersection, to see who can last the longest. I wish I knew what the prize was. I definitely feel that it should be illegal to honk unless someone is in danger. They should be fined for it. I think this city would be a much happier place if that were the case. I really do miss hearing crickets outside my window.
Other than that, I have nothing negative to say. Everyone I have met has been extremely warm and friendly, and I am lucky to have met some amazing people so early on! Thanks to my friends and family back home for making a lot of these connections happen!
Today was a good day. I received a call from the agent I met with on Saturday, who informed me that they do want to represent me, and would be calling me soon for placements. They have done work on Gossip Girl, NCIS, 30 Rock, and other well known shows, commercials and movies. I also had a second interview, that went extremely well. After the gym, I got dressed and went to the upper east side for dinner with a friend of a friend. She was absolutely fabulous, and I so look forward to hanging out with her again! We went to a Thai restaurant in her neighborhood, and I very much enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and especially the Eva Cassidy tracks they were playing in the background.
Excited for tomorrow! Week 2...HERE WE GO!
Hey! I enjoyed reading your first post. Look forward to reading more about your adventure in the Big Apple! God be with you :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Made me smile, especially because the horn on my car just broke..lol..
ReplyDelete